Friday, March 12, 2010

Thoughts

I have not been trading actively in the last couple of weeks simply because of the most common issue along us gamblers/bettors/traders - losing my bank. I have been here so many times and I should know better and I certainly know better......simply I am not able to control my emotions. I was considering long and hard how to proceed further. I went through all of my errors made times and times again, and I learned one thing - a lesson has not been learned. Here are my top errors.

1.Chasing - this one is the worst. I hate losing even 50 pence and then I start chasing. Not always but often enough this one results in losing all the bank, sometimes re-loading and losing the bank again due to crazy bets.
2.Getting angry when the bet/trade does not go my way or when losing. Similar to the first one.
3.Over trading - trading all day, sometimes trading on more that 20 markets.
4.No clear strategy - there is actually one but when a bet is lost all goes in dust.
5.Betting with money I cant afford
6.Not withdrawing
7.Not doing enough or any research

So from now on I am establishing a bank of £100 and I will trade 5% of the bank at any one time. Good or bad I truly believe now that having any strategy is better than none at all! So I need to make 20 or more trades until my bank is wiped out.

I will do research on the day before to establish on which games i will be happy to trade the next day. Any research will be better than none.

I will never chase, if I lose I will take it. I am after to win the war not the fight!

I will trade less.

I will withdraw when/if I double the stake.

So for now I will continue paper trading football. Today I layed Catania and after Inter scored I could greened out for a good return.

Good luck to all and myself in that though world of trading on sports ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi KoKooooooo

    Excellent post.

    I think that most of us have at sometime or other been guilty of most, if not all of your list of errors.

    I know I certainly have.

    I think it it takes guts to admit to our faults and I also think that acknowledging them is the first step on the road to profits.

    I think your new plan is really sensible and I will follow your blog with great interest.

    Good Luck

    Mark

    ReplyDelete